Lionfish is a very tasteful fish and can be eaten as sashimi, ceviche and cooked.
These are our favorite!
- 2 lbs fresh lionfish, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, completely deboned
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely diced
- Bit of salt
- Bit pepper
- One Mango chopped in pieces
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
Baked in sAMBAL
- Lionfish Fillet
- Sautee the lionfish with real salted butter
- And Sambal Manis
- Bake in a hot frying pan
- Serve with salad
- Lionfish Wings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fish seasoning
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- bit beer
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- lemon wedges
- chopped parsley
- Heat the oil to 350F. In a bowl, combine the flour, fish seasoning and red pepper. Add the beer and stir until you have a thick yoghurt-like consistency.
- Dip the wings in the batter and fry in batches until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel, squeeze over some fresh lemon juice and chopped parsley. Serve immediately with homemade tartar sauce or lime mayo.